Is it really possible to eat well and lose weight at the same time? You may have heard of something called “calorie negative” foods. These healthy foods require more energy to digest than the calories that they provide to the body. On top of that, calorie negative foods can also provide a source of vital nutrients to stimulate healthy digestion and metabolism to burn fat.
Without further ado, here are the top five foods to add to your diet to burn fat and stay healthy at the same time:
- Celery: Celery is a calorie negative food that only has 19 calories per cup. And celery will help to you to effectively burn calories since it takes much more than 19 calories to prepare, chew, and fully digest a cup of this vegetable. Celery is also full of water to suppress the appetite to make it easier to lose weight.
- Oatmeal: Oatmeal is a delicious breakfast food that is rich in fiber, which will help you to stay full for longer. Oatmeal will also keep your blood sugar levels stable throughout the day so that your body can efficiently digest and burn fat while at rest. As a warning, stay away from sugary oatmeal in a variety of flavors; these seemingly healthy breakfast treats will pack in unnecessary calories and sugar.
- Salmon: Salmon is a healthy fish that contains omega-3 fatty acids. And your body needs omega-3 fatty acids to control a hormone called leptin, which regulates metabolism. Since salmon is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, it will help to boost your body’s natural ability to burn fat by regulating leptin.
- Grapefruit: Grapefruit isn’t necessarily a calorie negative food, but it is very low in calories at only 74 calories per cup. Grapefruit also contains a powerful antioxidant called naringenin, which communicates with the liver to burn fat. No wonder the Grapefruit Diet is so popular! Of course, it’s best to enjoy grapefruit as part of an already healthy diet instead of restricting yourself to just one food group to lose weight.
- Green Tea: There are a number of fat burning supplements that contain green tea as a leading ingredient. And as a natural beverage, green tea can help to boost metabolism due to its EGCG content. Green tea will also protect your overall health by reducing the risk of cancer with a generous dose of antioxidants.
3 thoughts on “What Are the 5 Best Foods to Burn Fat?”
Now that christmas is on its way I really need to keep this list handy. I keep forgetting to buy celery at the grocery store. I won’t forget now!
I like your article. You make some great recommendations. The problem is we can’t eat those same 5 things every day! What else should we eat? What about when we don’t have control over what food is put in front of our faces (like at a friend’s dinner?). Their idea of what “healthy” is won’t be the same as yours. My solution has been the Half Meal Habit. I eat half meals all day and I’ve lost 21 pounds in 100 days. I’d love to hear what you think about it.
Thanks Bethany for this info