52 Weeks of Baking Love; Week 9: Peanut Butter Brownies
I wasn’t anticipating already having another brownie recipe to add to my 52 Weeks of Baking Love project, considering I made chocolate chip and walnut fudge brownies just a handful of weeks ago–and a handful of weeks is nothing when you’re baking weekly throughout an entire year! However, throughout this project, my fiance has been coming up with requests of his own, and I have found that it is so greatly appreciated when I take these requests into consideration. Besides, who doesn’t love having something sweet baked just for them?
I mentioned during the very first week of this project when I made a pan of chocolate peanut butter fudge, that my fiance cannot get enough of anything that combines chocolate and peanut butter. Naturally, I figured peanut butter brownies would be an easy home run; and I was right.
Dubbed the best brownies ever, this entire pan of brownies were gone before I could snap a picture of them sliced, so the pictures I did manage to get of the beautifully marbled top of the pan will just have to do.
The marbling action you see going on is a thick, chewy chocolate brownie, which also makes up the first layer at the bottom of the pan, and a creamy peanut butter mixture made with cream cheese, sugar, egg, milk, and of course, creamy peanut butter.
These brownies are delicious. The peanut butter flavor just jumps right out of the brownie. If you’re a chocolate peanut butter lover, you seriously need these brownies in your life. Lucky for you, I have a recipe to share!
Peanut Butter Brownies
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 16oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk — any kind of milk will do, it just thins out the mixture
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 9×13 baking pan with butter, shortening, or spray lightly with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, butter, and vanilla until smooth.
- Combine the dry ingredients and then gradually add to egg mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Set aside 1 cup of batter for topping the brownies. Spread the remaining batter into the baking pan.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter, and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and milk on low just until combined.
- Carefully spread the peanut butter mixture over brownie batter. Then drop reserved batter by tablespoonfuls over filling. To swirl, cut through batter with a knife or spatula.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center of the pan comes out clean. Set on wire rack to cool completely.
Adapted from Taste of Home