Brittany Murphy who starred in films such as Clueless, 8 Mile and Don’t Say a Word was pronounced dead at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center early yesterday morning. Her cause of death is on record as full cardiac arrest. According to TMZ a 911 call was made at 8:00AM from a Los Angeles home that is as listed as belonging to Simon Monjack, Murphy’s husband. Paramedics administered CPR in route to the hospital which was several miles away and she was pronounced dead at the hospital.
Through Brittany’s rep, her family released the following statement:
“The sudden loss of our beloved Brittany is a terrible tragedy. She was our daughter, our wife, our love and a shining star. We ask you to respect our privacy at this time.”
The LA County Coroner is currently conducting an autopsy on Brittany Murphy, it is also said that she had taken prescription drugs before she died and authorities discovered a large amount of prescription drugs at her house after her death. This definitely raises the question of whether or not she had overdosed on this medication, much like the cardiac arrest death of Michael Jackson. However, it has been said that Murphy had been taking medication for flu-like symptoms that she had been experiencing for several days. Several sources have also reported that she was sick and vomiting just before she died.
My first guess as to the reason behind her death is not an overdose, contrary to the beliefs of some bloggers reporting her death. If she was sick and vomiting and taken prescription medication for flu-like symptoms and then suddenly died, I actually thought H1N1. However, we will know for sure when her autopsy is revealed.
This is a horrible tragedy whatever the case and she will surely be missed by her family, friends, co-workers and fans. RIP.
[Image via INF Daily]