I am not a football fan, but I am a fan of hanging out with friends and family while enjoying great food. That is precisely why the Super Bowl is such a big deal–even if you don’t particularly enjoy football, it’s very difficult not to enjoy a good party.
If you’re still on the hunt for last-minute game day recipes for a get-together you are hosting or attending (Miss Manners says it’s always polite to bring something), new Del Monte Southwestern-Style Petite Cut Diced Tomato varieties provide an excellent base for countless recipes–and I was able to use these new products in a slow cooker chili recipe.
The last few times I made chili, it was lacking the spice and robust flavor I was looking for, so I decided to take advantage of the flavors in the Del Monte Southwestern-Style Petite Cut Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies and Chipotle Chilies.
The flavor in the tomatoes made a world of difference, and the chili came out pretty incredible. The flavors are bold, you can taste them right away, and there is a kick of spice that is perfect for chili.
I also made up a pan of sweet cornbread to go with it, which I will be sharing the recipe for as part of my weekly baking project.
Slow Cooker Chili
- 2lbs ground beef or turkey
- 1 can (14.5oz) Del Monte Southwestern-Style Petite Cut Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- 1 can (14.5oz) Del Monte Southwestern-Style Petite Cut Diced Tomatoes with Chipotle Chilies
- 2 cans (16oz each) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15.5oz) tomato sauce
- 1 package McCormick Slow Cookers Chili Seasoning Mix (also known as magic in a packet
- Brown ground beef or turkey in large skillet. Season with kosher salt and pepper. Drain.
- Place cooked beef, Seasoning Mix, tomatoes, beans, and tomato sauce in slow cooker. Stir until mixed well. Cover.
- Cook for 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high.
- Stir before serving. Serve topped with shredded Cheddar cheese.
Adapted from McCormick
Del Monte Southwestern Tomato Kick-Off Sweepstakes
Del Monte has launched a sweepstakes on Pinterest that gives everyday people like you and me the opportunity to share your own unique recipes and entertaining ideas The Del Monte Southwestern Tomato Kick-Off Sweepstakes will give everyone who shares their recipes and entertaining ideas on Pinterest the chance to win an ultimate entertainment package, including a Sony 55″ LED TV, Bose home theater system, and Sony Blu-ray player (ARV $4,779.00 USD).
Three Steps to Enter:
- Follow Del Monte brand on Pinterest
- Create a Pinterest board named “Del Monte Southwestern Tomato Kick-Off” and pin at least two Del Monte Tomato recipes and at least two tips or ideas for entertaining your friends and family.
- Visit the official Sweepstakes website and register the link to your Pinterest board for a chance to win!
In addition to the Del Monte Southwestern Tomato Kick-Off Sweepstakes, we also have a Del Monte giveaway opportunity of our own. One lucky Woman Tribune reader will win a Del Monte prize pack: one can of Del Monte Petite Cut Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies, one can of Del Monte Petite Cut Diced Tomatoes with Chipotle Chilies, and $25 Visa gift card.
This giveaway will end February 18th and is open to US residents, 18+. To enter, use the Rafflecopter form below.
The Del Monte products, information, and two gift packs have been provided by Del Monte.