This summer is incredibly hot and sweaty, so there’s pretty much nothing better than ice cream and other fabulously delicious frosty treats. Check out these three recipes for some great desserts that will delight and best of all, cool you off.
Brownie Ice Cream Cake
Nothing goes better together than brownies, fudge and ice cream and this brownie ice cream cake will cost you a fraction of what store-bought ice cream desserts sell for.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours 55 minutes
Makes: 16 servings
You will need:
- 1 box Betty Crocker fudge brownie mix
- water, vegetable oil and eggs called from on brownie mix box
- 1/2 gallon (8 cups) ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 cup hot fudge topping, warmed if desired
- 2 tablespoons Betty Crocker Decorating Decors candy sprinkles
- 16 red maraschino cherries with stems, drained
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line 2 (9-inch) round cake pans with foil; grease bottoms only with shortening or cooking spray.
2. Make brownie batter directed on box. Divide batter evenly between pans. Bake 19 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean. Cool completely in pans, about 1 hour. Do not remove from pans.
3. Spread slightly softened ice cream evenly on brownies in pans. Freeze at least 2 hours or until ice cream is firm.
4. Remove desserts from pans; remove foil. Place on serving plates. Cut each dessert into 8 wedges. Drizzle each wedge with hot fudge topping. Decorate with candy sprinkles and cherries. Store covered in freezer.
Creamy Orange Ice Cream Pie
This creamy orange ice cream pie looks absolutely delicious. It includes sherbet, ice cream and sugar cookie crumbs.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 8 hours
Makes: 8 servings
You will need:
- 1 pouch (1lb 1.5oz) Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 pints (4 cups) orange sherbet
- 1 pink (2 cups) vanilla ice cream
1. Heat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, stir cookie mix and butter until well mixed (mixture will be crumbly).
2. Reserve 1 1/2 cups crumb mixture; set aside. In ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate, press remaining mixture over bottom and up side of plate; prick with fork. Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
3. Meanwhile, on ungreased cookie sheet, sprinkle remaining crumb mixture. Bake 10 to 11 minutes or until edges of crumb mixture begin to brown. Cool on cookie sheet, about 30 minutes.
4. While crust and crumb mixture are cooling, place sherbet and ice cream in refrigerator to soften. Scoop half of softened sherbet over crust; spread to cover crust. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup crumbs. Scoop all of softened ice cream over sherbet and crumbs; spread to cover. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup crumbs. Scoop remaining half of sherbet over ice cream and crumbs. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup crumbs. Freeze until firm, 4 to 6 hours or overnight. Let stand 15 minutes to soften before cutting.
Frosty Latte Dessert
Ah, the dessert I am most excited about! When you say coffee liqueur and chocolate syrup and I am sold.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 5 hours, 5 minutes
Makes: 9 servings
You will need:
- 2 cups whipping (heavy cream)
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur
- 1/2 cup chocolate-flavor syrup
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine (firm)
- 1 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts
1. Place whipping cream, liqueur and syrup in large bowl; refrigerate.
2. Heat oven to 350ºF. Cut butter into flour in medium bowl, using pastry blender or crisscrossing 2 knives, until evenly mixed. Stir in nuts. Press evenly in bottom of ungreased square pan, 9x9x2 inches. Bake about 15 minutes or until light brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
3. Beat whipping cream mixture with electric mixer on high speed until stiff; spread over crust. Cover and freeze at least 4 hours until firm. For serving pieces, cut into 3 rows by 3 rows; serve immediately. Store covered in freezer.
2 thoughts on “Fabulous Frosty Summer Desserts — 3 Recipes”
Three YUMMY!!! desserts and I can’t decide which one to try first. I LOVE chocolate, but I think my hubby would LOVE the Creamy Orange Pie made with Sherbet. All three are GREAT!!! for the summer.
These look delicious, especially the frosty latte dessert!