Nothing means fall flavor more than pumpkins and apple and they’re combined in this delicious dessert that is super easy to make with your slow cooker!
You will need:
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 3/4 cup fat-free cholesterol-free egg product
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- ice cream, if desired
1. Spray 3 1/2-to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Spoon pie filling into cooker; spread evenly.
2. Beat remaining ingredients except ice cream with electric mixer on low speed 1 minute, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour batter over pie filling.
3. Cover and cook on high heat setting for 1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve with ice cream.
Important note: This recipe was tested in slow cookers with heating elements in the side and bottom of the cooker, not in cookers that stand only on a heated base. For slow cookers with just a heated base, follow the manufacturer’s directions for layering ingredients and choosing a temperature.