I recently made cupcake cones–cupcakes baked inside of ice cream cones–a delicious and fun dessert that is sure to go over extremely well with your kids and even if your husband! Mine ate a handful of them in a single day.
You will need:
- 1 box cake mix (any flavor)
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 30 to 36 flat-bottom ice cream cones
- 1 container (12 oz) whipped frosting (any flavor)
- Assorted candies and decorations, if desired
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Make cake batter as directed on box, using water, oil and eggs. Fill 12 cones about half full of batter. Stand cones in muffin pan. Refrigerate any leftover batter until ready to fill and bake remaining cones.
2. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick carefully inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Frost with frosting and decorate as desired. Store loosely covered at room temperature.
Fill cones about half full. Makes 36 to 40 cupcake cones.