I am always on the lookout for easy and inventive recipes. I don’t have the best skill set in the kitchen so easy is a must, and because of my kitchen constraints, I don’t have a whole host of go-to recipes to pull out for meals throughout the week. I can use all of the inspiration and new ideas I can get.
Progresso, a name synonymous with hearty, high fiber, low calorie soups has recently expanded their line of products to include something to give families a head start on delicious meals–Progresso Recipe Starters.
I was recently given the opportunity to try Progresso Recipe Starters in my kitchen. I was sent a can of creamy roasted garlic flavor and after a quick look through the recipes Progresso has on their website, I made creamy lemon chicken with a side of rice for dinner, a recipe that takes just 30 minutes from stove to table.
To say that this recipe was easy is an understatement. It’s so easy that even I had absolutely no trouble executing it.
My fiance usually dislikes chicken. It is his least favorite protein, and even just bringing it up as a possibility for dinner usually evokes many grimaces. Even knowing this I went ahead with the creamy lemon chicken recipe anyway hoping for the best. Wouldn’t you know he ended up loving the meal! The Progresso Recipe Starter really added a whole lot of flavor to the chicken. It was delicious and so easy to make!
With the big game coming up on Sunday, using Progresso Recipe Starters can make creating delicious, crowd-pleasing snacks super simple. I made a great Chorizo con Queso dip in about 15 minutes.
I started by cooking a pound of chorizo sausage, 1/2 cup of diced red bell pepper, and 1/4 cup sliced green onions in a skillet over medium-high heat.
After the sausage is thoroughly cooked, I stirred in a can of Progresso Recipe Starters creamy three cheese cooking sauce, which immediately smells delicious as soon as you open it. So good!
After heating the sausage, vegetables, and cheese sauce to boiling and simmering uncovered for about 5 minutes, I stirred in a cup of shredded Cheddar cheese and we were done!
Honestly, I can tell you that the dip doesn’t look totally appetizing, but isn’t that a problem with most dips anyway? It did, however, taste great!
Chorizo con Queso Dip
- 1lb chorizo sausage
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 can (18oz) Progresso Recipe Starters creamy three cheese cooking sauce
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4oz)
- tortilla chips
- In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook sausage, bell pepper, and green onions over medium-high heat for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally and breaking up sausage with spoon, until sausage is thoroughly.
- Remove the mixture from skillet and drain on paper towels.
- Return the mixture to skillet and stir in the can of Progresso Recipe Starters creamy three cheese cooking sauce. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cup of shredded Cheddar cheese until melted. Sprinkle with cilantro, if desired, and serve warm with tortilla chips.
One lucky Woman Tribune reader will win a Progresso Recipe Starters prize pack, which will include a 10-piece cheese and appetizer tray and one can of Progresso Recipe Starters creamy roasted garlic.
This giveaway will end February 22nd and is open to US residents, 18+. To enter, use the Rafflecopter form below.
Prize pack, information, and giveaway were provided by Progresso through MyBlogSpark. No other compensation was received, and opinions are my own.