If you like garlic, butter, and olive oil, then you’ll love this.
You will need:
- 1 lb. box of pasta (we use spaghetti or angel hair)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (don’t use any other kind)
- 2-3 tbsp. – or to taste – minced garlic
- 6 tbsp. butter (NOT margarine)
- 3 tbsp. minced parsley
- 1 cup grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta according to package but before draining, reserve 1 cup of the hot cooking water – set aside. Place pasta back into pot.
2. While pasta is finishing cooking, in a small pot heat the oil, butter, and garlic until butter has melted.
3. Pour the hot oil mixture over the pasta and stir; add in the cheese and stir until well-mixed.
4. Add as much of the reserved hot cooking water as needed to keep pasta moist- it may not take the full cup.
5. Sprinkle in the parsley, and salt & pepper to taste.
6. Serve immediately. This also reheats well the next day, just zap it in the microwave.
This recipe is brought to you by Best Kept Recipes.