The holidays are a wonderful, magical time of year for a lot of people, but for those who are struggling, the holidays can simply be a reminder of all of the things that they are not able to do or make happen for their families. That is precisely why while it is so important to do good in the world around you all year, it is especially important during the holiday season.
Last year, Athena over at The Stuff of Success created a really great project all about performing random acts of kindness and doing what you can to make a positive difference in the lives of others. It was a huge success, so she brought it back again this year and we’ve hopped on board to help spread the word.
Athena is giving away a $25 Amazon gift card, which you can enter to win daily, from now until December 31. The entry form is below.
This giveaway is unlike any other event you’ll see. There is no sponsor, there are no Facebook pages to like, no blogs to visit, no promotional statuses to post to Twitter. All you have to do to claim your entry into the giveaway is perform one act of kindness for someone else and come back to tell us what you did. Just love your neighbor, people in need, friends, family, and so on, every single day throughout the month of December, and claim your entry.
Need some ideas?
- Hold the door open for the person behind you.
- Donate your old clothes to someone in need. Your old is someone else’s new.
- Write a positive review of a local business, artist, musician, author, etc.
- Listen to someone. REALLY listen.
- Donate blood. One pint of blood can save up to three lives.
- Give the gift of your time by volunteering at a homeless shelter, soup kitchen, nursing home, hospital, etc.
- Share your umbrella with a stranger on a rainy day.
- Check up on someone who looks lonely or who lives alone.
- Let someone with only a few items go before you in line at the grocery store.
- Give words of encouragement to someone about their dreams, no matter how big or small they are.
- Help someone get your parking space in a crowded parking lot when you’re leaving.
- Babysit for couples or single parents who don’t get out much so that they can have some precious alone time.
- Look for ways to save a few extra bucks throughout the month and then donate that money to a charitable organization you support.
- Shop locally so that the money you spend can help support the family who owns and operates that business.
- Spend a few clicks of your time at Free Rice.
- Pay for the person in line behind you.
- Put together a care package and send it to an active duty military unit.
- Create a box of Christmas cards and send it to Holiday Mail for Heroes (guidelines can be found here.)
- Redirect gifts. Instead of having people give you birthday or holiday gifts, ask them to donate gifts or money to a good cause.
- The next time you see someone pulled over with a flat tire or car trouble, stop and ask if you can help, or simply keep them company until help arrives.
- Become a mentor or tutor to someone in need.
- If your family, friend, or neighbor is sick, bring them some soup, tea, and tissues.
- Put some change in an expired parking meter.
- Offer your seat to someone when there aren’t any left.
- Bake some Christmas cookies for your mail carrier and delivery people.
- Donate pet food to your local animal shelter.
- Teach someone a skill.
- Instead of accepting payment from someone, ask them to pay it forward.
- Tip more than you normally would.
- Be extra nice to customer service reps — especially if they seem stressed.
No incentive was provided for this publication. Woman Tribune is not responsible for prize fulfillment. Opinions are my own.
9 thoughts on “Do Some Good in Your World: Random Acts of Kindness $25 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway Event [Closed]”
Such a wonderful idea. Thank you!
Stuck in Dallas during “Ice-maggedon” the kindness of strangers resonated far more than the ice and disruption. People helping each other. Kindness to the flight crews (Yes!). Patience and soft voices. No complaining. It was fabulous!
If only we all lived this way year round.
What a great idea!!Kudos for participating in something like this!!
This is great! I am doing the Sparkle Box with my son this year and it really motivates us to look for ways to do good everywhere we go
oh wow! What a wonderful idea….good luck to everyone who will join and I will also share those list of kindness to my blog. It will serve a gentle reminder to everyone..including myself.
Great ideas, I donated some items a few weeks ago to the food bank.
super list we never know how our one kind moment can change a persons day =D
Love this idea! It’s inspiring.
I already do alot of the above listed, thanks for the giveaway!
I take the older ladies from my lunch group to the grocery store, to doctor appointments or whatever they need.