News

Hurricane Preparedness Week: Red Cross Issues Safety Steps for 2016 Hurricane Season

1. Robin Masshole Mommy says:

This was interesting for me to read. Here in New England, hurricanes are rare. Sure, we have had a few, but the majority of the time they lose their steam by the time they get up here.

2. This is so important. I live in an area that was affected by 4 hurricanes in 2004. I will never forget opening a Hurricane Shelter for the community. At our house, we are prepared in the event we have an active hurricane season.

3. michelle says:

i don’t get hurricane where i live but we do get earthquakes. i have a emergency kit and now what to do when one strikes.

Hurricanes and other natural disasters are not something that we should take lightly. We should always be prepared for it, and since our local government normally has procedures for this, we should take the time to be educated on what those procedures are.

5. Lexie Lane says:

This is very important. Everyone of us should prepare for this. I live in an area where we get a lot of tropical storms and floods. I have an emergency kit and we all know what to do in case we need to evacuate our place.

6. We can’t be too prepared, that’s all I have to say. I’ve been into a lot of places where a part of a city or town was just devastated by natural calamities. The Red Cross app really works and a lot of people are grateful for its technological convenience.

7. Amer says:

I’m glad we don’t get hurricanes, but it’s always best to have an emergency kit. It’s better to be safe than sorry.

8. I’m so glad I don’t live in an area affected by Hurricanes, they are so devastating!

9. Kathy says:

I don’t live near anywhere that has hurricanes luckily. I could imagine how devastating it must be. It’s to bad there is no way to prevent these from happening.

10. Echo says:

Hurricanes are so scary! I am really glad that we don’t have them in Minnesota. I can imagine how important being prepared can be.

11. Don’t forget water, food, medication, etc for your pets.

12. Danne Reed says:

Thanks for this post, hope that many people will prepare for such disaster. Keep the important things handy and do not forget the clean water and instant foods to keep you energized and hydrated,

13. Stacey Kripas says:

Wow, nice to have a red cross apps that can help us prepare for a hurricane. It’s never easy to battle with hurricane but preparedness will help a lot for us to survive.

14. ooooh i love the little tweet button embedded in the post. that’s so cool I just tweeted that.
    What an informative and well laid out post.
    You rock for promoting this.

15. Great tips. I live in California so we don’t’ have hurricanes but the tips are similar for earthquakes. Totally reminded me that I need to replace my drinking water stash.

16. Melissa Bernardo says:

You can never be too prepared. Thank you for sharing this. Everyone needs to read your post.

17. Awesome tips! I always have my emergency kit at home!

18. Lisa Rios says:

Going through a hurricane is a scary stuff & I know what it means when we had to manage one such few years back when I was pregnant. These are some great safety tips to make sure you are planned well to the situation that can happen worse anytime.

19. Marisa says:

I’m glad hurricanes aren’t a concern where I live. Forest fires are however and we’ve got a huge one burning here currently.