We know and love Van’s Foods for their wholesome breakfast, lunch, and snack time options that you can feel good about. We were first introduced to Van’s back in 2014, when we had the chance to snack on their PB&J Sandwich Bars and Multigrain Chips that were instantly a snack time hit in our house. Our enthusiasm for their simply delicious products filled with whole grain goodness, as well as their commitment to non-GMO verified ingredients, has grown right along with their expanding product line, which now includes cereals, pancakes, and even pasta. They also have a variety of gluten-free offerings certified by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization.
Van’s is also the leader in frozen, better-for-you waffles. Whether it’s a quick, warm, nutritious breakfast, an allergy-friendly stand-in for bread, or a delicious whole-grain dessert, Van’s 8 Whole Grain Waffles, Power Grain Waffles, and Gluten-Free Waffles are ready in just 4 minutes in the toaster, and are as convenient as they are nutritious and delicious.
Van’s waffles have been adapted in all kinds of recipes that can be shared again and again; even family favorites you’ve been enjoying for years, like chicken and waffles. Here’s a healthier take on this ultimate comfort food dish with a Chicken-n-Waffles Casserole made with Van’s gluten-free waffles.
This Chicken-n-Waffles Casserole recipe is a healthy family favorite. You can prepare the baked crispy chicken ahead of time (and keep it handy in the freezer for later if desired). The waffles are pre-cooked and the only thing you need to make is the gravy, which comes together in just a few minutes. What could be easier than that?
- Olive oil, for greasing
- 5 cups rice cereal crumbs
- Salt and pepper
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Silvana's All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour
- 2 cups dairy-free creamer or milk
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 1 9-ounce package Van's Gluten-Free Totally Original Waffles, toasted and cubed
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Lightly grease a baking sheet with olive oil and set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the cereal crumbs, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. In a separate shallow bowl, beat the eggs. Coat a chicken tender with the cereal mixture, dip into the eggs, then coat again with the cereal mixture; place on the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining chicken. Bake until golden and cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and make the gravy. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute, until golden. Sprinkle in the flour and stir for 1 minute. Stir in the cream and simmer for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened. Season with parsley, paprika, about 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Grease an 8x8 baking dish. Toss together the chicken and waffle cubes, then pour over the gravy. Bake until bubbly and golden, about 25 minutes.
Recipe via Silvana’s Kitchen
If you are one of the many who have made the New Year’s resolution to begin eating more mindfully, we have teamed up with Van’s Foods to get you started on the right foot with some new wholesome eats (and a few extra goodies.)
One lucky winner will receive a $100 Visa gift card, Van’s tote and water bottle, and $25 in coupons for free Van’s Foods products of your choice. This giveaway ends January 13, 2016 at 2:00PM CST.
No incentive was provided for this publication. Woman Tribune is not responsible for prize fulfillment.