Do Good

Projects Abroad Offers Accessible Gap Year Volunteering Options for Anyone

Projects Abroad volunteers Costa Rica

I thin this is perfect for teens who are not yet sure about what they want to pursue in college. It’s a good opportunity to learn more about themselves and what they want to do in their lives. I didn’t know we had such a program, that’s awesome!

2. I think this is a great idea for high school graduates. It is an opportunity for them to experience how to truly serve the less fortunate. This will help them be aware of the situations of others in need and it would also give their parents a little more time to get in more savings to pay for their tuition.

3. Stacy Kripas says:

Agreed with Elizabeth, this would be helpful for those teen who were not still decided what they want to pursue.

4. Ryan Escat says:

This is really amazing program, this helps a lot of teens for sure.

5. NAZMA IQBAL says:

volunteering is something that all of us should do.I have been working as a volunteer for many years and it is such a great feeling

6. Nicole Escat says:

I had no idea a program like this exists. I think this is a great opportunity for students. I admire people who do volunteer work.

7. I am so glad there are now programs that encourage students to take a Gap Year so they can volunteer. I remember in college I did a co-op for a year so that I can work and try it out before I finished my last year. The co=op was part of a school program so I still had an advisor and I was still graded. But it allowed me to have some experience under my belt before graduating!

8. Mommy Pehpot says:

This is very interesting. When my kid graduates in high school, I will tell him about this program.

9. Dermot says:

Volunteering is fantastic for anyone at any age! It’s a great way to test yourself and your world view. It can also teach you to be grateful for what you have. People who regularly volunteer have lower risks of depression and tend to live longer so everybody benefits! These organizations are great and students definitely should avail of the opportunity.