If we don’t eat them fresh from the bag or garden, we roast them. Roasting caramelizes and browns them so nicely.
You will need:
- 1 lb baby carrots or regular carrots
- Extra virgin olive oil (Please do not use any other type)
- Salt (I use Kosher)
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Slice the baby carrots in half, lengthwise, or if using regulars, then peel them and diagonally slice them into large-sized chunks.
3. Spread them in a single layer on a rimmed cookie-type sheet. Sprinkle 2-3 tablespoons olive oil over. Sprinkle salt & pepper over. Mix it all up with your hands right on the tray- messy but fun.
4. Place in the oven for about 15-20 minutes; stir once during roasting
5. With a spatula, scrape out onto a serving plate, or we just serve them from the tray on the stove.
This recipe is brought to you by Best Kept Recipes.