Travel

Safe Driving Tips: How to Make Sure You Stay Awake and Alert While on the Road

road
  1. Great tips. I also find staying hydrated helps as well, especially when you drink water. It’s better to be safe than get their fast.

2. Robin Masshole Mommy says:

I have driven tired before and I was lucky I made it home in one piece! It’s very dangerous.

3. Thanks for the advice. If I could avoid it, I would not want to be doing the driving for a long trip in the early morning. It takes me a few hours to wake up! I’m going to let my children read this post. Safe driving should always be put into practice.

4. Nicole Etolen says:

Yeah, it is very important not to drink and drive, This should be a mandate to all drivers.

Long drives can be stressful and draining as well, especially when you’re the only who can drive! These pointers are really important, everyone must take note of them. It’s good to have people with you when you’re driving especially when you’re driving at night.

6. Nicole Escat says:

I don’t drive but I know how tiring it can be. It is very important to stay alert and these tips are really helpful.

7. Ron Leyba says:

Amazing and life saving tips indeed. The last one is most important of all. Bring a buddy, who can drive as well, is a good one too.

8. Kathy says:

Wonderful tips! I think it’s very important to pull over if you’re feeling tired. I know I couldn’t be a night driver because I get tired to quick at night.

9. I always keep a bottle of water with me when I am driving because I feel like if I keep sipping it, I feel more awake. If I am driving alone, then I call and chat with someone (hands free of course) to keep me going. I haven’t ever been so tired that I needed to pull over but I most certainly would because I don’t want to cause an accident!

10. Driving drowsy is nearly just as bad as driving drunk. It is best to pull over if you notice that your getting drowsy. Try getting out of the car and stretching. If you have a buddy, swap drvers.

11. This always scares me. I’m so afraid of falling asleep. I always pull over and take a cat nap.

12. It’s seems like sometimes there’s no rhyme or reason to getting sleepy when you are driving. Sunflower seeds help me a lot when I have trouble.

13. Great tips! My husband tells me he cannot slip while driving on roadtrips however sleepy he may be but I don’t believe him. I stay awake, too, to keep him company.