Spooky, Tasty Tarantula Tacos
Give your kids something spooky and fun to create and eat after they help decorate the house for Halloween or before they go out trick or treating! These tarantula tacos are so much fun and oh, so cute!
You will need:
- 1 box (4.7oz) Old El Paso Stand ‘n Stuff taco shells
- 1lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 package (1oz) Old El Paso taco seasoning mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped (3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 20 extra large pitted ripe olives
1. Heat oven to 325°F. Heat taco shells in oven as directed on box.
2. Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, cook ground beef over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in taco seasoning mix and water. Reduce heat to medium; cook uncovered about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until water is evaporated. Remove from heat.
3. Spoon beef mixture into heated taco shells. Top with cheese, lettuce and tomato.
4. Spoon sour cream into small resealable food-storage plastic bag. Seal bag; cut tiny hole in corner of bag. Pipe sour cream over top of each taco to resemble spiderweb.
5. For each spider, top taco with 1 olive, pitted end down. Cut second olive lengthwise into 8 pieces; place around whole olive for legs. For eyes, squeeze 2 dots of sour cream onto top of olive.