Whether we like it or not, winter is pretty much upon us. In fact, where I live there is currently a snow storm going on outside and with the entrance of winter, comes the colds and the flu. What better a way to stay warm and also ward off illness than to indulge in some savory chicken noodle soup!
You will need:
- 5 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts – parboiled, cut into chunks
- 1 quart canned or boxed chicken stock
- 1 large white onion
- 3 minced garlic cloves (from the jar)
- 3 large peeled, carrots, cut into coins
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Uncooked egg noodles, or ditalini – that’s good, too
1. Place the chicken stock and 1 quart of cold water into a large pot and bring to a boil.
2. Add all the veggies and spices. Simmer about 20 minutes.
3. Add about 1/2 the bag of egg noodles and bring to a boil. Add the chicken chunks. Lower heat to a good simmer and cook until noodles are done.
4. Remove bay leaf, check seasonings. Serve.
This recipe is brought to you by Best Kept Recipes.