Some of my favorite posts from around the blogosphere over the past week and a space for you to share yours!
- Now that the warm spring weather is here to stay, it’s about time to get outside and begin work on your garden. While bees may seem like a nuisance during the summer months, they are actually vitally important to your garden and make all the difference for your plants’ ability to produce vegetables and fruit. If you plan on growing fresh produce this year, take note of these tips for attracting bees to your garden. [Premeditated Leftovers]
- Homemade soap is impressive in both its appearance and intoxicating fragrance, but the thought of making your own can be overwhelming–especially at first. If you dream of making your own soap, check out this incredibly simple homemade citrus coconut soap tutorial, perfect for if you like knowing exactly what is in the products you’re putting on your body. [Petit Elefant]
- Earth Day is Monday, April 22nd. To celebrate the eco-loving holiday, Curious George and PBS have put together fun kids craft tutorials, including how to make a bird feeder. They also have a recycling challenge the whole family can get involved in. [She Scribes]
- For educational Earth Day fun, with the release of Disneynature’s Wings of Life, a documentary narrated by Meryl Streep that details the lives of pollinators like butterflies, hummingbirds, bees, bats, and flowers, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Education Team has put together a 25-page educational kit for children in grades 2 to 4 that introduces them to these pollinators through science, math, and art. [She Scribes]
- We all have memories of macaroni art, but this noodle picture frame takes the classic kids craft project to a whole new, surprisingly elegant level. Looking for a fun craft that will get the kids involved in a very hands-on way to create a fabulous Mother’s Day gift? This is it. [Close to Home]
- Do you dream of a home furnished with unique pieces you can’t find anywhere else? Try restoring old furniture! Taking a piece of furniture that has long lost its shine and isn’t so easy on the eyes and giving it some love and special attention can make all the difference. Case in point: a made over French Provincial desk. Stunning! [Thrift Diving]
- Pop-Tarts are highly addicting and only made more satisfying by their convenience, but they aren’t the healthiest breakfast option. This homemade toaster tart recipe is going to rock your world. Hello, super convenient real breakfast option that lets you control the quality and quantity of real ingredients! [Sophistishe]
- If you are one of those people who take hundreds of photos, only to have them sit on your computer and uploaded to your social media accounts without ever actually printing them out to enjoy, you may get a lot of use out of GrooveBook, a free app that lets you pick 100 of your precious photos and turn them into a photo book. [MOMenvy]
- Fleischmann’s Yeast and Karo Syrup have teamed up to help end childhood hunger in America with a Virtual Bake Sale to support of Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry Campaign. Learn how you can get in on the baking fun for a great cause and start off with this Butterfinger Believe It or Not Candy Bar recipe with Karo Syrup. [Slap Dash Mom]
Now that I have shared some of my favorite stories from the past week, I would love for you to do the same. Feel free to post links to whatever you’ve been writing (yes, this is a shameless self-promotion friendly space!), reading, and raving about this week in the comments.
Please do not leave links to your giveaways here. If you’re looking for a place to link up your giveaways, we have a Tuesday Giveaway Linkup for that.
Note: If your comment goes to spam, have no fear, I will fish it out just as soon as I can!