Some of my favorite posts from around the blogosphere over the past week and a space for you to share yours!
- Bullying happens everyday; in every state, every city, and in every school. Not only does bullying occur during school hours, but social media makes it easy for bullying to follow kids home, making hostile environments out of what we once classified “safe spaces.” Social Power is a new online platform that allows users to identify common issues and brainstorm ideas for how to solve them. One great initiative that we should all be able to get behind is the effects of bullying being taught in schools. The whole idea behind this call-to-action is that if kids know better, they will do better; or at least try to do better. [mommyGAGA]
- Keeping kids engaged and active during the summer is no easy task. After about a week of summer vacation, it’s common to hear the choir of “I’m bored” from the moment they roll out of bed in the morning and throughout the day. It can be maddening. Luckily, there are quite a few fun, educational summer activities you can do with your kids that will entertain them while keeping their brains sharp. [voiceBoks]
- If you’ve been looking for fabulous weekend craft projects, look. no. further. And that’s just to get you started. These particular projects merely introduce the Create & Inspire Friday Linky Party, a weekly linky where you can share your own crafty, creative, and inspiring projects with the group. [A Night Owl Blog]
- If you’re planning a summer block party on your street, you can just give up now on your hopes of it ranking as one of the coolest. That title has already been taken, by this end of the school year block party… with a food truck. Yes, a food truck! Seriously, how cool would that be to have at your block party? [TheSuburbanMom]
- If your deck has seen better days, take a weekend afternoon and give it the care and attention it’s calling out for before the summer backyard barbecues and parties begin. Check out this review of Thompson’s WaterSeal Waterproofing Stain that gives new life to your deck while giving it complete outdoor wood protection. [The Review Wire]
- If you have ever tie-dyed a shirt before, you know how much fun it can be. But how about a pair of shorts for summer, or some fun, stylish pants? Here’s a tutorial for dye-your-own rocking color jeggings using Rit Dye. [The Domestic Diva]
- Smores are pretty much the official dessert of summer, and just like with any other great treat, people are always taking the unmistakable flavors of something we all know and love, and reinventing the way we eat it. Here are 13 takes on the smore that I can’t wait to make my way through this summer! [Cleverly Inspired]
- Make this summer the best it can be by getting out in the world with your loved ones and friends and make some amazing memories together. Think everything around you has been done or is too boring? Here are over 170 summer bucket list ideas, most of them free or extremely cheap. Live it up and have a blast. [Slap Dash Mom]
- The PBS KIDS lineup is heating up this summer with a host of special episodes and theme weeks, like Wild Kratts “Bug Week” airing June 3rd, Sesame Street “Literacy Quest Week” airing June 17th, and Dinosaur Train “Dinosaurs A-Z” airing July 8th. [She Scribes]
Now that I have shared some of my favorite stories from the past week, I would love for you to do the same. Feel free to post links to whatever you’ve been writing (yes, this is a shameless self-promotion friendly space!), reading, and raving about this week in the comments.
Please do not leave links to your giveaways here. If you’re looking for a place to link up your giveaways, we have a Tuesday Giveaway Linkup for that.
Note: If your comment goes to spam, have no fear, I will fish it out just as soon as I can!