Some of my favorite posts from around the blogosphere over the past week and a space for you to share yours!
- May 9th is National Moscato Day, declared by Gallo Family Vineyards, a creator of Moscato wines. If you’re looking for a perfect summertime cocktail to sip while basking in the sun with your girlfriends, look no further than to this Gallo White Mascato Sangria. What better way to celebrate National Moscato Day? [Flour On My Face]
- I have been hard at work slowly but surely turning our small spare bedroom into the perfect home office space. A lot of DIY blog and Pinterest scouring has been happening and bright ideas like this DIY art cart are only adding to the pile of projects I hope to one day be able to take on. [Cleverly Inspired]
- Teacher Appreciation Week begins May 7th. A great way to do a little something extra for the teachers in your child’s life to let them know that you appreciate the hard and important work they do everyday without spending more than a few dollars is to get a little crafty. Not very crafty, but just a little. For instance, an adorable chalk board mug made by simply spray painting chalk board paint onto the bottom half of an over-sized mug. Fill it with some candy or small sweets and you’ve got an instant hit. [Close to Home]
- Skin issues plague the best of us, some of us even more-so well into adulthood. Finding that one product or group of products that work well with your skin to exfoliate, cleanse, and moisturize can be hard to find, often resulting in way too much money spent on trial and error. Here is an excellent face scrub recipe you can make at home using just six simple ingredients you probably already have sitting in your kitchen. [Sophistishe]
- If spring allergies are bringing you down, you could help relieve their symptoms in some surprising ways, like eating food rich in antioxidants like broccoli, cauliflower, or brussel sprouts. Also, wash your hair. Who knew? [She Scribes]
- If you have kids, you are familiar with the dreaded task of trying to remove stickers from just about every surface in the house. If a sticker can be stuck to something, it probably has been, and you’re probably still looking at some of their remnants you couldn’t quite get rid of entirely. Enter: the easiest DIY Adhesive Remover I’ve seen. Two ingredients, no harsh chemicals, all natural, no worries! [The Frugalette]
- If you’ve ever run your dishwasher after a big dinner or particularly messy breakfast and open it to find food still stuck onto your not-clean-at-all dishes, you are not alone. How frustrating! But maybe you’re just not using the right dishwasher cleaner. After seeing the outcome of a #FinishRiseandShine challenge, I’m blown away by the results. [A Nut in a Nutshell]
- We all know that soda is not good for us and that we should limit how much of it we drink, but did you know that diet soda also comes with its own set of health risks, like osteoporosis, metabolic syndrome, and decreased kidney function? It’s easy to think that by choosing diet soda we’re making a better choice for ourselves when that really may not be the case at all. [The Stuff of Success]
- If you are planning a wedding, whether it’s 12 months away or 2, you need this month-by-month wedding planning checklist. Yep, need it. [POPSUGAR]
Now that I have shared some of my favorite stories from the past week, I would love for you to do the same. Feel free to post links to whatever you’ve been writing (yes, this is a shameless self-promotion friendly space!), reading, and raving about this week in the comments.
Please do not leave links to your giveaways here. If you’re looking for a place to link up your giveaways, we have a Tuesday Giveaway Linkup for that.
Note: If your comment goes to spam, have no fear, I will fish it out just as soon as I can!