It’s the end of another week, and we have another roundup of what we’ve been reading this past week. If you’re wondering what this is all about, you can read my introduction to Sundays are for Sharing, but here is the condensed version: as a blogger, supporting other bloggers and the great work that they are producing is one of the most important things you can do. So, I want to support you and what you are doing, and this is my way of doing just that. Every Sunday, I will be sharing some of my favorite blog posts of the week and invite you to do the same!
- The environment is something that we should all care about–a healthy planet means healthier human life, and that is something that everyone should be able to get behind. A lot of advancements in sustainability have been made in recent years, but one place where we could still collectively use some work is in sustainable clothing. The chemicals used to produce fiber crops such as cotton have a negative impact on the environment and are unsustainable in the long run. Learn more about alternative fiber materials and sustainable apparel brands who are creating great clothes while doing good for the environment. [From PDX with Love]
- Switched at Birth easily became one of my can’t-miss shows ever since I first started watching a few episodes into the first season. I love how it spotlights the deaf community and integrates deaf culture without ever actively marginalizing it. ABC Family did good with this show, and if you’ve been watching it, check out this synopsis and reaction to the second episode of the third season and weigh in on the conversation. Also, don’t forget to tune in Mondays at 8pm EST. [And The Little Ones Too]
- If you’re looking for a fun fall craft that isn’t specifically geared towards Halloween but can still fit the spooky decor, check out this awesome fall burlap wreath tutorial. [Mother Necessity]
- In last week’s Sundays are for Sharing, I included a link about the Nickelodeon Big Help Book Drive through Champions for Kids and how one mom was collecting new, used, and unwanted books to donate to a local children’s center in need. Her goal of collecting at least 48 books was an overwhelming success! [Mommy Testers]
- Are you wearing the wrong size bra? Turns out that about 80% of women are. Bras have a tendency to get super complicated, and only a fraction of the reasons why is because women are choosing the wrong sizes to begin with. Body weight fluctuation and not getting a professional fitting are also significant factors. When thinking about your bra wardrobe, you should have about 5 go-to well-fitting bras, each serving their own specific purpose. [Pretty Girls Rock Dresses]
Now that I have shared some of my favorite stories from the past week, I would love for you to do the same. Feel free to post links to whatever you’ve been writing (yes, this is a shameless self-promotion friendly space!), reading, and raving about this week in the comments.
All I ask is that you do not leave links to your giveaways here. If you’re looking for a place to link up your giveaways, we have a Tuesday Giveaway Linkup for that.
Note: If your comment goes to spam, have no fear, I will fish it out just as soon as I can!