President Obama will sign the recently-passed health care bill on Tuesday and the moment he does, ten provisions will go into effect. Here is how health care reform will begin working for Americans come Tuesday.
- Current uninsured Americans who are uninsured because of a pre-existing condition will have immediate access to insurance, although that insurance will be obtained through a temporary high-risk pool.
- Children who are under the age of 19 will not be able to be excluded from any new insurance plans because of their pre-existing condition.
- Adult children will be able to remain on their parents’ health insurance policy and remain dependents until the age of 26.
- Health insurance companies will not be able to drop someone from their coverage when they get sick.
- Prescription drug prices for seniors will be lowered, making medications more affordable and closing the “donut hole” for Medicare patients.
- Small businesses will now be entitled to a tax credit for 2009 and 2010. This tax credit could actually wind up being as much as 50% of what was paid for employees’ health insurance.
- Lifetime limits and annual caps on coverage will be eliminated.
- All health care insurers must post their balance sheets on the internet as well as fully disclose their administrative costs, executive compensation packages and benefit payments.
- Free preventative services and immunizations for all Americans.
- Consumers will have access to an effective internal and external appeals process, giving them to opportunity and responsibility to appeal new insurance plan decisions.
4 thoughts on “Ten Things Health Care Reform Will Do for You, Now”
Congratulations to all americans. This is the best thing that has happened to your inhabitants in a long time. Now people of (almost) all social classes will be able to have help when they need it. Maybe you can call it socialistic, but I call it humane to want to take care of your fellow citizens.
I agree that we desperately need something like this legislation. Take a look at Michael Moore’s “Sicko” if you haven’t already. But the real question is whether it ends up saving the country money in the long run…
I do consider all the concepts you have offered to your post. They’re very convincing and will definitely work. Still, the posts are too quick for beginners. May you please prolong them a little from next time? Thanks for the post.
I simply had to appreciate you yet again. I am not sure what I could possibly have taken care of without those strategies shown by you directly on this situation. It absolutely was an absolute terrifying case for me, however , encountering a expert form you resolved that took me to jump with contentment. Now i am grateful for the guidance and then expect you realize what a great job you are accomplishing instructing many people via a site. I am certain you’ve never come across any of us.