Pets

How Volunteers are Making a Difference for Animal Welfare

shelter animals
  1. I always had pet dogs growing up . And they really do make a world of a difference in our lives. Their love and presence gives us a different level of healing and fulfillment.

2. All our dogs are rescue dogs and at one time we had 14 foster animals (2 sets of pups.) It is a very rewarding experience and knowing you helped save an animals life means so much.

3. What a great post for an animal lover like me to read. I have had rescue animals my whole life. i tweeted, too!

4. Lawrence Hamilton says:

That is so awesome to read. I love dogs in particular and it is awesome to see people genuinely volunteer to take care of these animals.

5. MELISASource says:

Volunteering is a great way to help shelter animals even if you can’t adopt. You can help keep them comfortable and let them know they matter, and I think that’s an amazing opportunity.

6. Tam Gamble says:

We always try to find a rescued animal first. We have a cat rescue close to us where both myself and my sister have got kittens from in the past. I think it is important that we look to rescued animals to help provide them with the homes they deserve.

This is very nice, I admire people who do volunteer work in animal shelters and even those who foster rescue dogs or strays. A shelter can only do so much and they need all the help that they can get.

8. Robin Masshole Mommy says:

Volunteering is such an awesome way to get involved! Especially for animal lovers 🙂

9. Jeanette says:

I love animals! I used to volunteer at a horse rescue and I LOVED it! I think anyone that loves animal should do this!

10. I’ve always wanted to volunteer with an animal shelter. I love being around animals, and it would be nice to bring some companionship to shelter pets.

11. Liz Mays says:

It’s amazing that so many volunteers use their time to help animals! I think kids, students and adults should consider volunteering like this!

12. My daughter used to volunteer at our local animal shelter. She said she learned so much and gained a healthy respect for the lives of pets.

13. I was thinking about why dogs have a larger ratio compared to cats in shelters then it hit me, I was asking the wrong question. I respect Hill’s for being a loud name when it comes helping pets, animals, owners and would be’s alike.

14. Nicole Escat says:

Pets are great companions, especially dogs. If you treat them well, they will give the love back. I would love to have another dog in our home.

15. Ryan Escat says:

It is nice to know that there are many people who have hearts for pets. It is so wonderful to have pets at home, they are adorable.

16. Akhil Sharma says:

I always suggest people to adopt pets instead of buying them. People prefer high class breed to spruce up their social status, which is an incorrect way of showing certain things. Instead, people should show the world how much they care about shelter animals.

17. Our pets Give us lots of unconditional love and attention, and Volunteers at animal shelters do do a stellar job of giving back! Awesome Post!

18. I’ve been wanting to volunteer for my local shelter. I am a photographer and I thought if I took some cute photos of the dogs then they would be more likely to get adopted!

19. Kathy says:

I love this! I’m such a huge animal lover. I do anything I can to help out. I often go to the shelter just to visit with the animals as well. It’s always a lot of fun.

20. Volunteers really do amazing work for places like animal shelters. I am so glad there are opportunities for people to help an give back like this.

We will be rescuing when we get our dog. My son wants a Golden Retriever, but I’m hoping a visit to the shelter when it is time, will be all it takes to change his mind. 😉

22. Anosa says:

We used to have pets when I was young but then we moved abroad and we have not had a chance to get one. My lifestyle doesn’t really allow for pets but I would like to think about volunteering