This giveaway is now closed.
Walmart has put together an awesome site to help you through getting through the holidays in one piece without breaking your budget. The cost of food has continued to rise throughout the past few months and with the holidays right around the corner, you can be sure that people are spending more than they can really afford to put together their holiday feasts. Luckily, Walmart has put together a shopping list that will let you get everything you need for your Christmas and New Year’s Eve dinners for a jaw-dropping price.
Co-star of the Food Network’s new series, Chefs vs. City, Chef Aarón Sánchez has created a spin on traditional holiday meals for Christmas and New Year’s Eve, including Ham with Mango Jalapeno Glaze, Chipotle Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Green Bean & Mushroom Picadillo, Coquito Egg Nog, Blue Cheese Stuffed Rolls and Dulce de Leche Sauce for Pumpkin Pie; these recipes are sure to create memorable holiday memories for you and your family. Be sure to check out Walmart’s Holiday Meals website for recipes from Chef Aarón Sánchez and more ideas for holiday entertaining.
Walmart’s Christmas Dinner for 8 for as Low as $30
Your Christmas feast for 8 for as low as $30 at Walmart starts with key, family-favorite ingredients, including:
- One 10-pound spiral cut half-ham
- Three 8-ounce cans Del Monte green beans
- One 10-pound bag of russet potatoes
- One 12-count package of Sara Lee dinner rolls
- One 10 inch pumpkin pie
This is an incredible amount of food to buy for as low as just $30, especially since that is less than $4 per person; less than you’ll pay for most fast food!
Walmart’s New Year’s Eve Dinner for 10 for as Low as $40
Your New Year’s Ever feast for 10 for as low at $40 at Walmart starts with these festive and delicious ingredients, including:
- Shrimp tray (5 servings)
- Vegetable tray (10 servings)
- Hillshire Farms little smokies (8 servings)
- Pillsbury crescent rolls (6 servings)
- Land O’ Lakes egg nog (8 servings)
- Red velvet cake
The holidays are such a great time for spending time and making new memories with your family; it is also a great time to reflect on memories you hold dear from past years or even when you were a child and that in itself costs nothing! But because the holidays have warped into such a consumer-ridden holiday, this year more and more families are looking for ways to save money without sacrificing the quality of the meals they are feeding their families.
My biggest money-saving tip for this holiday season would definitely be to shop with coupons, the holidays are a great time to spot some really awesome deals in your newspaper or weekly coupon magazines because a lot of companies are hoping you’re shopping closer to the holidays to get what you need for the big day. So look for coupons and shop on sale! Also, be sure to find out if your local grocery store has a store card because I’ve found that if you consistently use your grocery store card, you will accumulate so many points, but there are also a lot of deals going on company-to-company that you don’t know about. Every time I go shopping and use my grocery card, I find out I save between $15 and $20 a trip and every little bit you save helps a ton!
Thanks to Mom Central, we have the opportunity to pass on the Walmart holiday meals love to two lucky people who will win a $30 Walmart gift card.
Leave a comment on this post sharing one of your favorite holiday money-saving tips!
Leave a separate comment for each additional entry.
- Leave a comment on this post telling us what your favorite holiday memory or tradition is.
- Subscribe to Woman Tribune
- Follow @WomanTribune on Twitter
- “Like” Woman Tribune on Facebook
- Blog about this giveaway with a link back to this post and to Walmart’s Holiday Meals website. (This entry is worth two entries, so leave two separate comments with the link to your blog post.)
- Vote for Woman Tribune in the Appletiser Blog Awards. (You must register first, so this entry is worth two entries, so leave two separate comments.)
- Tweet about this giveaway. Feel free to use the following tweet or write your own. (This can be done once a day, leave a link to your tweet in your comment.)
Share your favorite holiday money-saving tip & win a $30 Walmart gift card from @WomanTribune! http://tinyurl.com/ykc4ml2 Ends 12/22
This giveaway ends Tuesday, December 22nd at 11:59 p.m. ET. This giveaway is open to all residents worldwide over the age of 18 at the time of entry. The winner will be chosen via random.org and contacted by email; they then have 48 hours (2 days) to respond to that email or another winner will be chosen.
Disclosure: I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour campaign by Mom Central on behalf of Walmart. In addition, I received a Walmart gift certificate to thank me for taking the time to participate and two to offer as a giveaway.