Looking for a braided hairstyle that stands out from the crowd, but isn’t a killer to recreate? May be present the ever-so-sultry snake braid. This braid is a great way to change up your braided look and even better, it’s ridiculously easy (and fast!) to do. If you can do a basic three-strand braid, you can master the chic snake braid. Here’s how:
- Create a diagonal forward section of hair behind your ear.
- Split the section into three equal subsections. Apply a bit of pomade to your hand (about half the size of a dime) and smooth out each section. This will help make a smooth, clean braid. Begin braiding (a basic three-strand braid) this section, keeping medium tension on the braid. You do not want this braid too tight or too loose.
- Braid almost all the way down to the ends of your hair, leaving one to two inches left below where you stop the braid.
- Take two of the sections and combine them to make one larger section (you will not have two sections, one small and one large).
- Take the smaller section and carefully slide it up the braid.
- Keep sliding the smaller section up to the top of the braid.
- Now slide the section back down to create a looser “s” pattern braid.
- Wrap the snake braid around the back of your head and pin in place. Spray with a medium hold hairspray to add extra hold and tame any flyaways.
TIP: Lift a small section of hair up and pin your snake braid below it. Drop the hair down so it conceals where you pinned the braid in place.